“The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind.”
Paracelsus, 1493 – 1541
I work with Spiritual Healing (sometimes called Energy Healing) and Reiki together as I feel they complement each other, but I can use one or the other if a client has a preference.
Reiki is the Japanese word for “universal energy.” It is a gentle yet powerful system of healing developed by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan early in the last century. It is passed down to today’s practitioners through very special initiation ceremonies.
The NFSH Healing Trust training consists of 3 study modules followed by a 2 year development course with healing experience, case studies and panel assessment.
What happens during a Healing/Reiki session?
The recipient either lies down or sits comfortably in a chair, there is no need to remove any clothing. It is preferable to close your eyes so as to minimise distractions. This is an internal experience so let yourself relax. The practitioner will attune to the energetic process by placing their hands on your shoulders for a few moments, then work with their hands a short distance from your body, or with permission, by light touch.
Universal “life-force” energy is directed to you, replenishing depleted energy, and stimulating and enhancing the body’s natural healing ability. This may be experienced as warmth, mild tingling, coolness, pressure or other sensations. Some people feel quite sleepy. Usually deep relaxation and a sense of inner peace can be felt. Occasionally areas of pain may move or slightly worsen before subsiding; this indicates that the person’s self-healing system has become more active and is trying to find balance.
What are the benefits of Healing and Reiki?
- Healing and Reiki reduce stress and are profoundly calming.
- Relief from pain, and help to recover faster from illness, surgery and trauma.
- You may experience reduced anxiety and greater self esteem.
- Sometimes a positive change takes place at a more subtle level, perhaps in an unexpected way in an area of your life you hadn’t anticipated.
- Practised widely in hospitals and specialist centres, reported benefits include pain relief, reduced side effects following cancer treatments and enhanced recovery.
- Healing can be accomplished from a distance, sometimes with remarkable results.
- Suitable for all ages and conditions, non-invasive and not even touch necessary for an effective outcome.
- For those nearing the end of life, and their friends and family, Healing and Reiki can offer a welcome sense of peace.
- Wonderfully relaxing and revitalising, helping your body, mind and soul to self-heal.
- It is not necessary to have faith, expectations or belief in the treatment. Profound emotional, spiritual and physical benefits can be achieved, and there can be positive outcomes even with animals and plants.