Reflex points on the hands and feet correspond to organs, systems and structures within the body. When reflexes are stimulated a response is brought about in the corresponding area.
Through specific massage techniques energy blockages can be effectively cleared and imbalances treated to restore equilibrium and well-being. Benefits can be on all levels; physical, emotional and spiritual.
I am qualified in traditional reflexology, also in Precision Reflexology and VRT (Vertical Reflex Therapy).
What is Precision Reflexology?
This is an advanced post-graduate technique. It includes “linking” identified points, depending on any problems you might have, to add power and definition.
What is VRT?
With VRT, I work on the tops of your feet for just a few minutes while you are standing. This can achieve results surprisingly quickly because when you are weight-bearing your reflexes are far more responsive. Including VRT into your reflexology session will greatly enhance the main part of your treatment, when you lie down comfortably relaxing.
Potential Benefits of Reflexology
- Reduces tension and the effects of stress.
- Increases energy levels.
- May detect and correct energy imbalances that are causing symptoms.
- Releases endorphins, the body’s feel good hormones, which can relieve pain.
- Aids recovery after illness and surgery.
- Improves circulation resulting in better nutrient absorption.
- Strengthens the elimination system; to remove impurities and toxins.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Soothing and revitalising for all ages.
Using a variety of techniques and traditions, Reflexology has been used as an effective treatment for thousands of years, in different cultures all over the world.